Friday, July 10, 2020

THE LETTER

Dear,

        
     Every time someone enters into your home and when you rarely get out to welcome them with an unwelcoming warm smile,you get a reply, "Oh my!Aren't you trying any remedy to get rid of those pimples?"...Oooooofffff...!!!That is the end!

     Hey baby!I,your skin,am out here to burst out my anguish..!! Why is everyone so obsessed with your appearance?I tell you I seriously don't get it. I haven't heard anybody talking to you regarding your higher studies, job expectations, extra curricular activities, hobbies, etc, etc. I think the person sitting opposite you doesn't even realize that you actually go through the so-called highly technical phases of life. While the rest of the world(P.S. This world consists of ONLY MEN)is so occupied in shaping their unplanned futures that is of course filled with hurdles, I find people around you not even realizing you have one too! And screaming at them every day to make them realize this fact is your one big hurdle. Even I wish I could scream and question the very notion of education, when, a doctor or an architect or a pilot or every one educated soul for that matter, asks you about your pimple remedies and tests your culinary skills just because you are a girl and therefore you are supposed to fit into their imbecile definition of 'HER'.

    I guess their knowledge canvas dictates to them about virginity every time they see a human being with lifted chests instead of flat ones and flat vagina instead of...!!!As a non-human-being, I am urged to ask you this:🤫Will your girl-ness diminish by your late 20s or early 30s???🤫I don't think YES!!I also strongly believe that you know yourself, physically and mentally, than any other nudging aunt or pestering uncle out there trying to fix alliances to the next ELIGIBLE KID in their circle of successfully married grown up kids!Every time they come up to you and indoctrinate you to get married to some random guy with 1 sibling residing with his parents in a sweet little house in the 4th street of a beautiful colony in the state's capital, I know you would not smile but pity at the non-functioning of the cerebral part of their brains!!But,hey!Just calm down; We are helpless. One can never ever straighten a man's tail😔!!
(P.S. Man here is genderless)


    Baby!I know what kind of a person you are. You never even tried to pop the pimples I give you. Instead you always found beauty within the cute little bumps in your face!I wanted to tell you I give you those as a gift of your hard work skipping meals in summer!I give you dark circles as a remembrance of you, burning the midnight oil!I give you tanned skin when you succeed in learning to drive even under the scorching sun!You know what???

     I prefer taking the form of a pimple on a successful woman's face than a cute little mole on a passionless limp...!!!

With Love,

Your Skin

8 comments:

  1. Wow... Amazing personification... Could feel the skin standing in front and speaking... Its more of your inner feel and anguish on the society around you. Hope these kind of literate fools vanish from the society... Keep the VEDHI writing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vela U Beauty♥️..Sry u brave🔥..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling proud of my little pimple 😄😉 nice de veliii

    ReplyDelete
  4. Velamma lovely lovely lovely❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I read that like, before 6 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deep inner words,straight towards those people like that... Great..👏👏❤.

    ReplyDelete